Thursday, November 8, 2018

My mother's face began to open up with a smile. - by Jinab-i-Aziz'u'llah Azizi

The first to arrive home was my mother who was hostile and abusive. Since there was no one else present (to catch me red-handed), she said: "Your aunt was just saying that you have become a Baha'i, and are socializing with infidels, have turned against the religion of Israel and have handled fire. Of course, I just cannot believe you would become the cause of our misfortune and ill-repute, making us shameful and notorious before our own people! "My mother was telling me her feelings with the utmost sadness. What could I say to a mother who was more dear to me, than my own life? I replied: "Dearest mother, you yourself, have read the Torah. In it, it is said that only illegitimate (mamzer) children would forsake their belief. There is no one else here, but you and I. Either you have concealed such a thing or the Torah is wrong?" Poor mother swore repeatedly and then became silent. I realized how hurt she was, so I said: "Dear mother, I know you have never done me wrong, nor is the Torah false, I have not forsaken my faith either. Rest assured, for it has been said that the Messiah has appeared and the time for the emancipation and progress of Israel has at last come." My mother's face began to open up with a smile.

No comments: